- The “Declaration of Free Citizens” published by Vietnamese bloggers in January 2013.
- Excerpts from Somali president Hassan Sheikh Mohamud‘s January 2013 speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.
- Excerpts from a pastoral letter issued by the Anglican bishop of the Diocese of Colombo, deploring the state of the rule of law in Sri Lanka.
- Excerpts from the inaugural address of South Korea’s new president, Park Geun-hye, the daughter of military strongman President Park Chung-hee (1961–79).
- Excerpts from a February 2013 speech given by Shin Dong-hyuk—who was born and raised in a North Korean prison camp and managed to escape in 2005—at the Fifth Geneva Summit for Human Rights and Democracy.
Documents on Democracy
Issue Date April 2013
Page Numbers 181-186